Welcome to my mission!

Welcome to my mission... to be able to complete full push-ups! Watch my progress as I sweat, cry, hurt and finally overcome this tricky little sucker of an exercise... wish me luck!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Mission Day 2

My pecs were quite sore from Day 1's workout! They are still quite tight, but not as bad today - note to self that stretching is good! I am working on my knee push-ups until I can actually do ONE full push-up so...

I worked on reps/set of 10-12-7-7-15. Pretty darned tired after that and could feel that my pecs had got a good workout.

Today was reps/sets of 10-12-8-8-15. I could have pushed further but am doing this in conjunction with my Bodyweight Coach program (I was doing Quad Squats today which do use some upper body - I could feel it this morning while I was doing them!) and didn't want to overwork the muscles.

Anyway, off camping tomorrow and birthday bash with friends, so will have to take my pocket program and squeeze these in surreptitiously (maybe inside the tent while pretending to have a nap!)... my friends already think I'm some sort of health nut freak because of the amount of weight I've lost recently, plus the fact that I fast once a week and don't drink to excess at every single social occasion *roll eyes*. If they saw me doing push-ups when I'm supposed to be "relaxing" I'd never hear the end of it! Hell, they'd probably disown me! :-P :-)

BTW, I saw ANOTHER blog on push-ups, with some handy hints about technique evil cyber push-ups-for-absolute-beginners saying to do them on your fists/knuckles since you can develop carpal tunnel from doing them on palms. Makes sense to me. I tried them and they were even harder - I have puny wrists though so don't want to risk hurting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment