Welcome to my mission!

Welcome to my mission... to be able to complete full push-ups! Watch my progress as I sweat, cry, hurt and finally overcome this tricky little sucker of an exercise... wish me luck!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mission Day 1: 8 Dec 2010

A bit of background... 


My youngest baby is 14 months old. I have been slowly getting in shape since about 4 weeks after she was born. To date I have lost just over 15 KGs, have gone from size 16 clothes down to size 12, and feel the healthiest I've been in years.

I have used the following fitness programs to achieve my fitness goals:



  • Fit Yummy Mummy by the amazing Holly Rigsby www.fityummymummy.com - highly recommended to any mums out there looking to get in shape.
  • Bodyweight Coach by the incredible Coaches Ryan Murdock and Adam Steer www.bodyweightcoach.com. These guys are responsible for me moving from "losing weight" to "getting in shape". I started with their free FUN-damentals program, then switched up to Bodyweight Blueprint for Fat Loss (BBFFL). I then replied to an invitation to try out a new program they are developing and decided I had nothing to lose, and everything to gain. The change in my body over the last few weeks of doing their Shapeshifter Beta group is just phenomenal! I will post before and after photos at some point...


However... here it is, 15 days until my birthday and I am no closer to achieving my goal of being able to do FULL push-ups by my birthday! 

What have I been doing to try to reach my goal? 


Shapeshifter! I have been doing Static Push Up Holds, the hideous Screw Press exercise - I cannot do it yet! Even on my knees I am having serious issues. My problem is not enough upper body strength! This is why I need to achieve the Full Push Up goal!


I have just logged into www.hundredpushups.com and downloaded their manual to get me started.

Where am I at fitness wise?


Full Push-ups completed: Embarrassingly - big fat ZERO.
Knee Push-ups completed: Only 18 before my form started to suffer.
Plank Hold: last time I checked (about a month ago) I could hold Plank for 2 mins 30 secs before sagging.
Side Plank: I can do these with leg raised on both sides - hold maybe 10 secs before I lose balance.


Where do I go from here?
I will continue with Shapeshifter - I only have 2 weeks to go on it - and will also start the Hundred Push ups program. I am determined to do this! 15 days and counting!

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up, you'll get there soon enough. I'll be keeping track, give support, etc. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: http://www.normanomicon.com/2010/12/08/100-pushup-program-cross-post/

    ReplyDelete